- Cat cafe that buys cats from pet shops.
- Cat cafe with cats protected from killing and abandonment. They are called “Hogoneko cafe”
Recommended cat cafe list
Nearby Ginza：Hogoneko chaya(Hogoneko cafe)*Hogoneko cafe means that they took in cats used to be stray cats or be abandoned. You can relax and feel Japanese style atmosphere. It's located in 4 mins from Shinbashi station on foot. There are Ginza and Tsukizi around here. As you see the picture, cats are very friendly. A cat came on my lap about 10 minutes after I entered the store. A detailed review is written here.
Nearby Shibuya：Cat Living(Hogoneko cafe)You will feel calm and relax. Cats are very friendly as well. The closest station is Toritsudaigaku station. It's close to Ziyugaoka station. There are many sweets shops around Ziyugaoka. It takes 10 mins from Shibuya station to get Toritsudaigaku station by train. A detailed review is written here.
Nearby Shibuya：Komaneko(Hogoneko cafe)It is a fashionable shop. The closest station is Komazawa Daigaku station. You will take 8 mins from Shibuya station by train. A big park is in front of Komaneko. So you can take a rest there. That will be nice. Cats are raised with love so much. A detailed review is written here.
Nearby Shinjuku：Kyaliko Musashino(Hogo neko cafe)That's exactly Japanese style room. The closest station is Kichijoji station. It takes 15 mins from Shinjuku station by train. There are many shops that sell delicious snacks in the shopping district, so I recommend eating around! There is a shop called Kozasa that sells Monaka, Japan's leading confectionery. Let's try it as well! The fried pork sold at the butcher next to Kozasa is also delicious. A detailed review is written here.
［Tokyo japan Cat cafe］I went to Kichijoji's protection cat cafe, Kyaliko Musashino, so I will thoroughly review it!
Recommended cat cafe list near Tokyo Station
8 minutes by train from Tokyo Station：Machineko（Hogoneko cafe）
Access to Machineko
- Tokyo Station Tokyo Metro: Take the train on the Marunouchi Line (bound for Ikebukuro)
- Awazicho station 2 mins by walk
- Ogawamachi station Toei Shinjuku Line: Take the train for each stop(bound for Motoyawata)
- Iwamotocho station 10 secs from A1 exit of Iwamotocho station om foot.
4 minutes by train from Tokyo Station：Hogoneko chyaya（Hogoneko cafe）
Access to Hogoneko chyaya
- Tokyo station JR Yamanote Line: Take the train for Shibuya and Shinjuku
- Shinbashi statio 10 minute walk from Hibiya Exit at Shinbashi Station
Hogoneko chyaya reviewAlso recommended above. You can relax in a Japanese-style shop. You can get Japanese snacks “Dagashi” for free! A detailed review is here.
11 minutes by train from Tokyo Station：Tamayura（Hogoneko cafe）
access to Tamayura
- Tokyo station 9 mins by walk from Tokyo station
- Mitsukoshiekimae station Tokyo Metro: Hanzomon Line (head to Kuki)
- Suitengumae station 4 mins by walk
Tamayura reviewYou will feel cozy. The cats weren't scared of camera. This is the only cat cafe in Nihonbashi. Click here for a detailed review.
4 mins from Tokyo station：Neco republic Ochyanomizu（Hogoneko cafe）
Access to Neco republic Ochyanomizu
- Tokyo station JR Chuo Line: Rapid (Tachikawa)
- Ochyanomizu station 5 mins from Ochyanomizu station on foot.
Neco republic Ochyanomizu reviewThere are several group shops. It's rare as Hogoneko cafes. The store is divided into several rooms, and one room can be rented out at a reasonable price. Cars are very friendly as well. Click here for a detailed review.
4 mins from Tokyo station by train：JALALA
Access to JALALA
- Tokyo station JR Yamanote Line Ueno / Ikebukuro direction
- Akihabara station Akihabara Station (10 min walk from Electric Town Exit)
JALALA reviewThere are many foreign tourists visiting here for a long time. The cats donn't hate humans, and they didn't hate me even when I stroked them. It's a good shop that has been around for a long time. Click here for a detailed review.
Recommended cat cafe list near Shinjuku Station
5 mins walk from Shinjuku Station：Calico
Access to Calico
- Shinjuku station It will take 5 mins to head to Kabukicho.
Calico reviewIt is a cat cafe near the entrance of the famous downtown area, Kabukicho. It's a rare cat cafe in Shinjuku, but I couldn't touch cats too much even though I'm used to cats. You will relax to see cats're sleeping. Click here for a detailed review.
4 mins from Shinjuku station by train：Neco republic Nakano（Hogoneko cafe）
Access to Neco republic Nakano
- Shinjuku station JR Chuo Line Chuo Tokai Takao
- Nakano station It takes 10 mins from Nakano station on foot.
Neco republic Nakano reviewAlthough it is smaller than the Ochanomizu store, you can play with cats very much. The entrance of the shop is very narrow, so it's a little hard to find. The cats were quite friendly and the cats immediately came on my lap. You can read a detailed review here.
6 minutes by train from Shinjuku Station：Nekoen（Hogoneko cafe）
Access to Nekoen
- Shinjuku station JR Chuo Line: Rapid train for Takao
- Koenji station 5 minutes walk from the north exit of Koenji Station
Nekoen reviewIt is a Hogoneko cat cafe run by a manager who loves cats. Rather than a cafe, the main shop is playing with cats. They don't have many drinks. But you will be satisfied with playing with cats. Click here for a detailed review.
［Tokyo japan Cat cafe］I went to Koenji's Protective Cat Cafe, Nekoen, so I will thoroughly review it!
5 mins walk from Shinjuku Station：miagolare（Hogoneko cafe）
Access to miagolare
- Shinjuku station Tokyo Metro: Marunouchi Line (head to Ogikubo)
- Shin-nakano 2 minutes walk from Exit 3 of Shin-Nakano Station
miagolare reviewIt is a store that opened about 3 years ago. It was a shop that smelled badly recommended for a while, but it was renovated and now it's a good shop. Cats are friendly as well. Click here for a detailed review.
4 mins by train from Shinjuku Station：Nyankoto
Access to Nyankoto
- Shinjuku station JR Yamanote Line: Ueno / Ikebukuro direction
- Takadanobaba station 2 minutes on foot from Waseda Exit at Takadanobaba Station
Nyankoto reviewSince it is not a protection cat cafe, there are purebred cats. If you give cats a snack, you can get along a little. Click here for a detailed review.
Recommended cat cafe list near Shibuya Station
10 minutes by train from Shibuya Station: CAT LIVING (Hogoneko Cafe)
Access to CAT LIVING
- Shibuya station Tokyu Toyoko Line: Stops for Motomachi and Chinatown
- Toritsudaigaku station 30 seconds on foot from Toritsudaigaku Station
CAT LIVING reviewA cat cafe with a stylish atmosphere based on white. It's a very cozy shop. A detailed review is here.
8 mins by train from Shibuya Station：Komaneko（Hogoneko cafe）
Access to Komaneko
- Shibuya station Tokyu Denentoshi Line: Semi Express Chuo Rinkan Line
- Komazawadaigaku station 10 minute walk from Komazawadaigaku Station
Komaneko reviewAlthough it is a cat cafe with a stylish atmosphere, it is a Hogoneko cafe. When I went, there were people who wanted to become new owner. This is a cat cafe where people who wish cats happiness. Click here for a detailed review.
2 mins by train from Shibuya station：Nyafe Melange
Access to Nyafe Melange
- Shibuya station JR Yamanote Line: To Shinagawa / Tokyo
- Ebisu station 3 minutes walk from the west exit of Ebisu Station
Nyafe Melange reviewIt's really fancy shop. Mostly cats don't like to be touched by people. So you had better just see them. A detailed review is here.
6 minutes by train from Shibuya Station: Caterium
Access to Cateriuｍ
- Shibuya station Keio Inokashira Line: Express (Kichijoji)
- Shimokitazawa station 30 secs walk from the south exit of Shimokitazawa Station
Caterium reviewA cat cafe in Shimokitazawa, a city popular with young people. Shimokitazawa has a lot of delicious curry shops, so you may go for it. My favorite is SAMURAI. The cats in this cat cafe won't let you touch them so much. A detailed review is here.
Recommended cat cafe list near Asakusa Station
1 min walk from Asakusa Station：Calaugh（Hogoneko cafe）
Access to Calaugh
- Tokyo Metro Ginza Line: 1 minute walk from Exit 2 of Asakusa Station.
- Toei Asakusa Line: 1 minute walk from Exit A5 of Asakusa Station.
- Tobu Railway: 3-minute walk from Asakusa Station.
- Tsukuba Express: 10-minute walk from Asakusa Station.
Calaugh reviewIt is the most cafe-like cat cafe among cat cafes in Tokyo. If you are tired of crowds in Asakusa, it is recommended to take a rest here. You will relax. Click here for a detailed review.
6 minute walk from Asakusa Station：Nekoen（Hogoneko cafe）
Access to Nekoen
- Tobu Sky Tree Line: 6 minutes on foot from Asakusa Station. Walk along Bamichi-dori toward Nitenmon and cross the street with Kototoi-dori.
- Tokyo Metro Ginza Line: 6 minutes on foot from Asakusa Station.
- Toei Asakusa Line: 7 minutes on foot from Asakusa Station. From Exit 3, turn left at Kamiya Bar and go to Nitenmon on Bamichi Street.
- Tsukuba Express: 9 minutes on foot from Asakusa Station.
Nekoen reviewA cat cafe with a very typical old Tokyo downtown atmosphere. It is also a popular store for travelers from overseas and has been commended by TripAdvisor. It is recommended to go as a place to play with cats, without thinking of a cafe. A detailed review is here.
1 minute walk from Asakusa Station：Monta
Access to MontaToei Asakusa Line, Tokyo Metro Ginza Line, Tobu Line: 1 minute walk from Asakusa Station
Monta reviewOrthodox cat cafe. There is a wide variety of food menus, including pasta, pizza, and beer. Click here for a detailed review.
6 minutes by train from Asakusa Station：Nekomaru cafe Ueno（Hogoneko cafe）
Access to Nekomaru cafe Ueno
- Asakusa station 東京メトロ銀座線：各停 渋谷行
- Ueno station 1 minute walk from Asakusa Exit of Ueno Station
Nekomaru cafe Ueno reviewThe entrance is an ordinary building. If you like cats, don’t hesitate to give them a treat. A detailed review is here.
Recommended cat cafe list near Yokohama Station
5 minutes by train from Yokohama Station：mfmf（Hogoneko cafe）
Access to ｍｆｍｆ
- Yokohama station Yokohama Municipal Blue Line: Each stop bound for Shonandai
- Sekiuchi station 1 minute walk from the north exit of Kanuchi Station
mfmf reviewWhen I went there were a lot of kittens and only cats who wanted to play so much. To play with kitten is so hard. But I was healed as well. The atmosphere is spacious and relaxing. A detailed review is here.
3 mins from Yokohama station by train：Nyankuru（Hogoneko cafe）
Access to Nyankuru
- Yokohama station Yokohama Municipal Blue Line: Each stop bound for Shonandai
- Sakuragicho station 2 minute walk from Sakuragicho Station
Nyankuru reviewIt is a rare shop where eating and drinking space and cat space are divided. The cats didn't feel so much friendly, but they seemed interested in the toys. You can enjoy a leisurely drink while watching the cat. Click here for a detailed review.
7 minutes by train from Yokohama Station：Miysis（Hogoneko cafe）
Access to Miysis
- Yokohama station
- Yokohama Municipal Blue Line: Each stop bound for Shonandai
- Isesaki Chozyamachi station
- It takes 4 mins from Isesaki Chozyamachi station on foot.